bury st edmunds club

Image Questions, Opinions, Advice. It's all in here.
kopparberg

bury st edmunds club

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 pm

hi all not sure if this is i the right place but here goes. i have taken the role of club sec for the newly formed bury st edmunds searches detecting club. i am trying to pick some brains as we would like to have some presentations done as in talks .on all aspects of this great hobby .would anyone on here know of anyone who could do a talk for us .on tokens and jettons , hammies , saxon roman etc please any help would be great
choice of machine etrac
hammies 2013 35
roman silver 4
roman bronzes 52
hammies 8
roman silver 4
roman bronzes 65

Dusty

Re: bury st Edmund's club

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

What i would do is get your local FLO to help you out she or he should know some one to help or advise you
Beccles the better part of Suffolk

kopparberg

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Dusty wrote:What i would do is get your local FLO to help you out she or he should know some one to help or advise you

hi dusty yes the flo is helping out doing a talk on the treasure act and related treasure items . did you do kims weekend rally in wiltshire if you did i think we meet on the friday i walked down to the pasture with you
choice of machine etrac
hammies 2013 35
roman silver 4
roman bronzes 52
hammies 8
roman silver 4
roman bronzes 65

Dusty

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:36 pm

kopparberg wrote:
Dusty wrote:What i would do is get your local FLO to help you out she or he should know some one to help or advise you

hi dusty yes the flo is helping out doing a talk on the treasure act and related treasure items . did you do kims weekend rally in wiltshire if you did i think we meet on the friday i walked down to the pasture with you

not me mate ---- wiltshire is a bit to far out for me the last rally i done was in Suffolk --playing in the mud ----but it still does not help you with you problem maybe QM will come up with a Idea ----how about your local museum could they help ---good luck

kopparberg

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Dusty wrote:
kopparberg wrote:

not me mate ---- wiltshire is a bit to far out for me the last rally i done was in Suffolk --playing in the mud ----but it still does not help you with you problem maybe QM will come up with a Idea ----how about your local museum could they help ---good luck

ok mate sorry it must have been someone else from your norfolk area .i will have to get to the local museum but with council cutbacks they have laid off the chap who use to do talks etc will have to try to find him. ps i did the ilkeshall one i was one of the guys with yeti
choice of machine etrac
hammies 2013 35
roman silver 4
roman bronzes 52
hammies 8
roman silver 4
roman bronzes 65

Jammy Johnny
Admin
Admin

Re: bury st edmunds club

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 am

Best wishes with the new club. Send us a link to your site and I can add it to our portal if you want UP1111 :brit:
BROKENMinelab X-Terra 705 with Coiltek 15" WOT coil @ 18.75khz
Teknetics Omega with 11" DD coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer

handyman

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:24 am

there are some excellent speakers around. if you can get hold of the speakers handbook, that is produced by the W.I, then it can provide a wide range of contacts for you.

Also take a look in the local evening newspaper, particularly those correspondents that do the round the villages/area reports. They can provide a wealth of contacts.

A third option is to search out your local history society, or U3A websites, they often have lists of forthcoming speakers.

It is well worth contacting your FLO to see if you can get either sam moorhead or roger bland to talk about the work of PAS and how the finds from detectorists is adding to our nations history [and changing opur understanding of it]. They are both excellent speakers.

hope this helps

cheers

Dusty

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:31 am

ps i did the ilkeshall one i was one of the guys with yeti------------------------yes we have met mud mud mud ----------------------

yeti
BMD Researcher
BMD Researcher

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 am

Thats slander mate..Dusty is hardcore South Folk not North Folk.lol....Mick UP1111

John

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 am

kopparberg wrote:... we would like to have some presentations done as in talks .on all aspects of this great hobby .would anyone on here know of anyone who could do a talk for us ...

I wish you luck in your search ... I used to offer such talks, but gave up a couple of years ago.
The WI is one route to take and is good advice, but you'll have to wade thru a lot of crap to find a subject suitable for your detectorist audience. My speciality for them was a talk on 'A Short History on the English Toilet'.

Finding suitable speakers is a chore for every secretary and they religiously guard their lists. And who is the blame them!
Hopefully, someone will PM you suggesting names and supplying numbers.

Good luck to the new club. I wish you well.
Scribbler. Out Standing in his Field.
www.johnwinter.net

Social Media

Return to “Metal Detecting Chat”